Friday 22 April 2011

ADAI

I often make this healthy adai in my house.

ADAI

Ingredients:

250 grms raw rice
50 grms toor dal
50 grms channa dal
30 grms kollu
3 tbs urad dal

3 green chillies
3 dry red chillies
3 tbs coconut scrapings
1 pinch asafoetida powder
Salt to taste
Gingelly oil

Method:
Soak all the dals and rice for about 3 hours.
Grind the dals and rice with the green chillies.
Dry red chillies and coconut scrapings.
Add salt and asafoetida powder, mix nicely.
The consistency of the batter should be like dosai batter.

Heat a dosa kal, apply little oil on the surface.
Take a laddle of the batter, and make like how we make dosa.
( I like my adais to be thin like the dosa)
Add oil around the adai and cook on both the sides,
Till it is golden brown. Serve with any chutney of your choice.
I made tomato chutney.

No comments:

Post a Comment